Mens Mental Health
Supporting spaces for
April is Men's Mental Health Awareness Month in Austin, TX
As we observe Men’s Mental Health Awareness Month. This is a special time to spotlight the unique mental health challenges faced by men and to promote awareness, understanding, and support for their mental well-being. Join us in our mission to promote mental health equity and to destigmatize mental disorders.
Mental Health Symptoms Men May Experience:
- Anger, irritability, or aggressiveness
- Noticeable changes in mood, energy level, or appetite
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
- Difficulty concentrating, feeling restless, or on edge
- Increased worry or feeling stressed
- Misuse of alcohol, drugs, or both
- Persistent sadness or feelings of hopelessness
- Feeling flat or having trouble feeling positive emotions
- Engaging in high-risk activities
- Aches, headaches, or digestive problems without a clear cause
- Obsessive thinking or compulsive behavior
- Thoughts or behaviors that interfere with work, family, or social life
- Unusual thinking or behaviors that concern other people
- Thoughts of death or suicide or suicide attempts
Breaking the Stigma, Fostering Resilience. Why Men's Men-tal Health Matters
Men’s mental health is a crucial but often overlooked aspect of well-being. Stereotypes and societal expectations can discourage men from seeking help when they need it. As a result, many men experience:
Higher Rates of Suicide: Men account for a significant majority of suicide cases worldwide, often due to reluctance to seek help.
Social Isolation: Traditional notions of masculinity can lead to social isolation, hindering emotional expression and support.
Our Commitment to Mental Health Equity
At Contigo Wellness, we are committed to breaking the stigma surrounding men’s mental health and ensuring that all individuals have equal access to quality mental health care and support. During Men’s Mental Health Awareness Month, we focus on:
- Raising Awareness: Educating the public about the unique challenges faced by men in addressing their mental health.
- Supporting Men: Providing resources and counseling services tailored to the needs of men.
- Promoting Emotional Expression: Encouraging open and healthy communication about emotions and mental well-being.
You can make a difference during Men’s Mental Health Awareness Month:
- Spread Awareness: Share information about men’s mental health on social media using #MensMHAM.
- Attend Events: Join our virtual workshops, webinars, and discussions to learn and engage.
- Donate: Contribute to our initiatives supporting men’s mental health to help us continue our vital work.
- Advocate: Be an advocate for men’s mental health by promoting awareness and reducing stigma.
Resources and Support
We provide a range of resources and support for men and their allies, including:
- Counseling Services: Confidential and supportive counseling tailored to men’s unique needs.
- Support Groups: Safe spaces for men to connect and share experiences.
- Educational Materials: Information on mental health, emotional well-being, and seeking help.
- Advocacy Resources: Tools to help you advocate for men’s mental health rights.