Learn with us
A more radical way to train + support our communities.
decolonizing the healing space
Gain Valuable Experience in Mental Health Equity
We believe in nurturing the next generation of advocates and professionals in the field. Join us as an intern or practicum student and make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and communities. Part of a major pillar in our work is ensuring that we’re radically training the next generation of healers to do no harm previously rooted in western culture and capitalistic systems. Our incubation process allows us to train new cohorts of therapists and healers while also continuing to make this healing service more equitable and accessible.
Our Practicum Process
Contigo Wellness is a POC-led mental health and wellness org dedicated to providing accessible and exceptional wellness care to QTBIPOC+ communities while disrupting the capitalist values currently upholding standard clinical training programs. Rather than building wealth for practice owners, proceeds from services provided support our comprehensive justice-oriented training, thereby enhancing the services you provide, while funding projects for collective healing within the community.
Along with access to theoretical and empirical foundations on each of the systems that affect our society and the folx we work with, our program provides dedicated training on justice-oriented practice from a myriad of community trainers. Our goal is to help you gain a comprehensive foundational knowledge base and then support you in turning that theory into practice so that you can build practical skills for practicing from a justice-oriented lens.
Our Application Process:
We’re looking for:
BIPOC + mixed-race POC student counselors or social workers enrolled in a master’s degree program in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, or social work from an accredited university
Strong interest in working with diverse clinical issues
Strong interest in working from an intersectional, justice-oriented, abolitionist, anti-oppressive, systems-oriented framework
Demonstrated ability for basic clinical skills, risk assessment, and safety planning
Demonstrated openness to learning, receiving, and integrating feedback
Preference for students with some evening and/or weekend availability
Students begin their practicum throughout the year typically around January, May, and August. At this time, we are accepting students who are looking for a supplementary/secondary site.
If you are interested in completing your practicum with us at Contigo Wellness please provide the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may apply here.
- Your intended start date
- Your resume and cover letter
And your responses to the following questions in a separate document:
- What are some anti-oppressive practices that you’d like to incorporate into your work?
- What are the ethics that guide your practice?
- Tell us about your analysis of how systems of oppression affect clients who access services.
- How do you keep yourself knowledgeable and implicated in your work and life in regards to systemic oppression?
- In what ways do you see your lived experiences supporting the work you’d like to do?
- Do you offer services in other languages? If so, what languages?
- What experience do you have in relation to counseling or the helping profession?
- What populations / concerns are you interested in working with? What populations / concerns would be difficult for you to work with
The Program and What we Offer at Contigo Wellness:
Collaborative, strength-based, social justice-oriented individual and group supervision for the State of Texas.
Comprehensive professional development trainings/workshops grounded in working from an intersectional justice-oriented perspective
Trainings and workshops provided by community members including therapists, activists and/or those with lived experiences
Opportunities to develop workshops, groups, and written resources
Remote work and freedom to create their own schedule
Unique learning experiences such as co-therapy
Internship and Practicum Opportunities
We offer a variety of internship and practicum opportunities, including:
Program Support: Assist in the planning and execution of mental health programs and initiatives.
Research and Analysis: Contribute to research projects focused on mental health disparities and equity.
Advocacy and Policy: Participate in advocacy efforts to promote mental health policies and legislation.
Community Engagement: Engage with communities to raise awareness and reduce stigma surrounding mental health.
Communication and Marketing: Assist with marketing campaigns, social media, and content creation.
Event Planning: Help organize mental health awareness events, workshops, and seminars.
Qualifications and How to Apply
We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and academic disciplines who are passionate about mental health equity. To apply for an internship or practicum position:
- Review current internship and practicum requirements above to ensure this aligns with your interests and skills.
- Submit Your Application: Complete the online application form and attach your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview to discuss their potential role and alignment with our organization’s mission.
- Onboarding: Once selected, you’ll undergo an orientation process to get you started on your journey with Contigo Wellness.
Join Our Team of Change-Makers
Join us in the pursuit of mental health equity. As an intern or practicum student at Contigo Wellness you can play a vital role in creating a more equitable future.